No applications can be received prior to February 1, 2014 or after April, 1, 2014.
The application for the Building Lot Termination Program is available from the Agricultural
Services Website at the following link:
Application for the BLT Program:
To be eligible for the BLT program:
- Property must be zoned Rural Density Transfer
- Property must have retained Transferrable Development Rights with the land to support a dwelling or dwellings on the property.
- Must have a County approved on-site waste disposal system (Percs) for each development right proffered for BLT purchase.
- Soils on the property must comprise at least 50% Class I, II, or III, soils (USDA Soil Capability Classification System -Prime and Productive Soils) DED assists the landowner in making this determination)
- Property must be at least 50 acres unless DED and the Agricultural Preservation Advisory Board determine the property contains significant agricultural resources worthy of protection.
The APAB will make a recommendation to the Director of Economic Development as to who should receive BLT purchase offers based on the BLT ranking system. The Director will make a determination and direct staff to make offers to qualified applicants from the ranking provided by the APAB.
Landowners wishing to discuss the property in context with the BLT program can contact John Zawitoski (301-590-2810) or via email at email@example.com He will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this program.
It should be recognized that it is very likely that there will be more applicants then funding available and therefore not every applicant can be funded. Any applicant not funded during this open purchase period will be automatically enrolled in subsequent open purchase periods unless otherwise directed they wish to be removed from consideration.