- Future Harvest, the Maryland Farmers Market Assoc. and others have created a map to help folks find local farms. Be sure to call first.
- Each year Community Supported Ag (CSA) shares are an opportunity to support your farmer and get local food each week. CSAs are about to open and you can support your farmer now. Farms are thinking about ways to have drive-thru pickups, delivery and other methods to limit the spread of germs. You can find CSAs to join here - check in with them about what they are offering this year as things are rapidly changing.
- The Food Council has gathered small local food businesses that offer pickup and delivery.
- Food is actually not a big source of virus spread but we still need to be careful. Here are the FAQs on food safety for consumers.
The Food Council Website has a good round up of food resources for students, seniors and others.
- UMD Extension Plant Science Food Safety expert Carol Allen has started a newsletter for MD farmers, really great safety info, be sure to subscribe at the bottom. If you need to reach Carol with direct questions - email@example.com
- Safety procedures for small scale producers from the MD Market Assoc. and Future Harvest.
- American Farmland Trust is opening a Farmer Relief Fund program- learn more here.