As the year closes, we wish to thank you for support of our efforts to protect the Agricultural Reserve, its farms, parkland, open spaces, waterways and habitats For the third time MCA has been recognized as "One of the Best" small nonprofits in the Washington region by the Catalogue for Philanthropy because of the work we do.
- And more...
- "In order to accommodate more people living and working in the County, would you allow new building developments in the Agricultural Reserve and or other environmentally sensitive areas?"
- ''Do you support another bridge crossing over the Potomac River between areas of Montgomery County and Northern Virginia even though it would have environmental impacts?"
• Grow the next generation of farmers and link them with affordable acreage (Land Link).
• Continue to bring more farmers to classrooms and students to farm fields.
• Watchdog our elected officials as well as County and State agencies.
• And re-forest non-arable land in the Reserve to meet the County's ambitious carbon sequestration goals before it is too late.